2016 Saxton Volunteer Fire Company

504 8th Street, Saxton, PA 16678

CO Activation

January 5, 2017

Rescue 35 and Unit 15 were out for an early morning carbon monoxide call. Chief 35 arrived and assumed command. He found one occupant outside, as instructed by Bedford 911. The patient presented with minor symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide exposure, and was assessed by EMS 15. A resident from an upstairs apartment was evacuated during the investigation. Crews worked their meters and found normal conditions throughout the structure. The building was ventilated for precautionary measures before units were placed back in service. After evaluation, the patient decline treatment. Area residents are reminded to make sure Smoke and CO alarms are in good working order.

 

Chief Taylor said, "We certainly would rather arrive to find a malfunctioning alarm, rather than an unconscious patient. There is no doubt that CO and smoke detectors save lives. Residents should take their activation seriously, call 9-1-1, and exit their residence immediately."

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Diehl Resigns

October 2, 2019

1/5
Please reload

Recent Posts

October 22, 2019

October 17, 2019

October 15, 2019

October 2, 2019

October 1, 2019

September 30, 2019

July 6, 2019

Please reload

Archive