2016 Saxton Volunteer Fire Company

504 8th Street, Saxton, PA 16678

Prepared Resident Prevents Dwelling Fire

May 23, 2016

Company 35 was hit out for a structure fire in the borough around 4 o'clock. Marshal 35 was first on scene. He reported a stove fire, and started placing responding companies available. Company 35's Engine, Tanker, and Truck responded. Operations were limited to removing the stove from the house, dismantling the burner, and house ventilation.

 

PIO Diehl said, "The resident did the right thing. She called 9-1-1, evacuated the house, and smothered the grease fire with baking soda. Marshal 35 used a large cake pan to cover the burner, which snuffed out the remaining fire in the burner pan. Quick action by a savvy mom kept everyone safe, and prevented a much more serious scenario."

 

Company 35 reminds residents that it is a good idea to have a Class ABC fire extinguisher in your kitchen. They certainly can assist in these situations. Large lids, pots or pans can also help by smothering the fire. Remember never to put water on a grease or electrical fire!!!

 

Learn more about fire extinguishers by clicking here.

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Diehl Resigns

October 2, 2019

1/5
Please reload

Recent Posts

October 22, 2019

October 17, 2019

October 15, 2019

October 2, 2019

October 1, 2019

September 30, 2019

July 6, 2019

Please reload

Archive